Thursday, December 1, 2011

Working through creative blocks and procrastination

I don't know what it is about the month of November, but I find it hard to get my head together and create much of anything. It seems to be a month long celebration of procrastination. My workspace becomes an unbearable mess, I do busy work to avoid working in my art journal, then comes Thanksgiving and the prep that is involved with that. For some reason I find it harder to sit myself down and do creative work in November, but can manage to shake off the lethargy and get things going again in December. Maybe it's because I know the year is almost over and it's time to make a last ditch effort to get some things done that I've been putting off.
I decided I needed some extra help to fight my way through these times of procrastination and creative roadblocks. She looks like she can handle anything that comes along, but notice she is relaxed and smiling, leaving it up to me to handle things, but waiting to be called upon if help is needed. I like that. Not an overbearing body guard, but a friend ready with the right tools (she's got a very ornate book in hand, perhaps a journal of her own?), a smile and a light in her eyes, ready to suggest something fun to get things going.

No comments:

Post a Comment