Friday, April 6, 2012

Artfest, Friday March 30, 2012

Draw! Fantasy Vaudeville with Miss Mindy I had such a fun time in this class and learned some great things about drawing figures. We did a lot of pencil sketching in class and the final project was to create a Vaudeville poster for one of the characters we created. Most of the class were doing human figures, but I was in the groove doing animals. Here are three of my sketches and the poster I finally finished up in time for Show and Tell on Saturday night.
Friday night was vendor night and it was packed. Most tables were 3-4 people deep. I bought Miss Mindy's paper doll book and a pendant featuring one of her sassy girls walking a tightrope. I also bought fat quarters of fabric with wonderful designs by Tracie Lyn Huskamp,as well as one of her fragrant lavender sachets that helped me drift off to sleep that night. Back at the dorm I continued to work on my art journal, as well as the small art journal book we received in our welcome packets at registration. I used the stencil that Teesha designed (also in our welcome packets) on the front cover. I plan on putting most of the flat trades I received in this book. Below are pictures of one of the first spreads I did while I was at Artfest. This reminds me of something I forgot to mention about activities on Wednesday night. After the opening ceremony was over about 100 of us headed over to Dorm 225 where Jill Berry was giving out copies of the special mini map she did for Artfest. She showed us all how to fold it to fit into a cardstock foldover which I have pasted into this journal. We all had a great time learning the special folds. Thanks Jill!

No comments:

Post a Comment