Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Journalfest-Class day 1: Shimmer and Bling with Lisa Engelbrecht


Shimmer and Bling with Lisa Engelbrecht was my first class and it was all I hoped it would be- it was awesome. What a fun teacher Lisa was! I wish I could show you the gilded letters and words we did in class, but they don't translate very well on the scanner. The word Dream featured here was a warm up exercise we did with gold markers and decorated with these very cool Uniball Signo glitter pens. We worked with different glues and gold/silver/pink foils, gold leaf, pearlx powder, glitter, and schminke powder to make writing shimmer and bling! Here is a sampler sheet I did, but you really can't get the full effect without seeing it in person.The letter P below is done with gold foil. I sketched out the letter, painted it with a special sizing, let it dry and applied the foil. Amazing! I have always wanted to know how to do this, and been put off by the 'medieval method' I've read about in books. The methods Lisa showed us were very easy and I was very impressed with the results. I will definitely be using this new skill in more of my projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment