Friday, September 2, 2011

Day 2- 30 Days of Get Your Art On





Here is what I've been working on today in my art journal. To the left is my tribute to my favorite month and season: September/Autumn. Below is a spread I've been working on, where I took a two page advertisement that featured Dave Matthews and pasted it into my journal because I liked it. Then I ripped out the center of the ad, which was just empty space in a room between Dave and the small monkey to the left. Pasted down book pages (electrical manual and dictionary scraps) and then I gessoed and painted to start incorporating them. Stenciled a sunburst around the monkey. Both journal spreads are works in progress. I think I'm close to finishing the Sept. homage spread- just have to journal on it. The Dave spread is going to take a lot more work.


Below is the link for the video they made for this John Varvatos ad campaign featuring Dave Matthews. It's very quirky, which I really like. It transports you to a very different place.
)

1 comment: