Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Day 12- 30 Days of Get Your Art On

Sometimes you do a lot of work (digging around through piles of ephemera, cleaning your art space (kind of) and have little to show for it when the day is done. Sometimes making art is more of an internal process. Well that's my story and I'm sticking to it. Here is layer one of my journal page for Sept 11th 10 years later. It is actually two layers- the first was a layer of watercolor paint (Twinkling H2O's sky blue) then some images: Freedom Tower photo courtesy of my husband's blog: Interesting in NY, city grid from a postcard from The City Bakery in NYC, blue sky and clouds from a travel brochure, 9/2001 recovery picture from Entertainment Weekly. My next layer will most likely be white gesso to obscure most of it so I can journal over it.

No comments:

Post a Comment