Friday, May 13, 2011

New York City in Spring

Here goes my second try. I thought I had successfully posted this yesterday.

Here are some photos of things that struck my fancy enough to inspire me to take a photo of them using my new iphone.

I was walking through Madison Square Park and came upon this sculpture from behind. At first I didn't know what it was until I got close enough to see what looked like a braid in the back of the large white oval shaped form. Knowing it would most likely be a female head I was still impressed as I viewed it from the side and finally from the front.



This sculpture looked ethereal against the green trees and the green grass. The sculptor is Jaume Plensa, and the work is entitled Echo. For more info go here: http://www.madisonsquarepark.org/art
The sculpture will be in the park until August 14th, so if you are in NYC I suggest you take a stroll in the park!

A few blocks from the apartment that my daughter and son share for college I took a shot of this grate. It was at sidewalk level and easy to pass by without seeing it:


I am always admiring the mosaics in the subway and the look of the stark black numbers against the shiny white tiles:


No comments:

Post a Comment