Friday, October 21, 2011

Countdown to Journalfest

I've been very busy the past two weeks working on projects and gathering supplies for Journalfest in Port Townsend, Washington October 26-30, 2011. I am taking Shimmer & Bling with Lisa Engelbrecht, Altered Portrait Portfolio with Roxanne Padgett, and The Grimoire with Juliana Coles.




If you've never been to an art retreat before, one enjoyable activity is trading with other artists some homemade token of some sort. The item you make to trade is usually dependent on the event. Since Journalfest is about art journaling, I make mini ephemera packs to trade. I am also working on another item that I have made for other art retreats and since Journalfest is so close to Halloween, I thought this one would be fun to have to trade. You'll get to see what I am up to in my next blog post.



I made this smaller journal for my class with Juliana Coles on Saturday. From the class description this class looks like it should be a lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment