Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Day 20 -21 of 30 Days of Get Your Art On




Time to start a new journal (although I have pages in the last one to work on, I like to start a new one once that last page is completed.) This journal is one I made at Artfest 2010 in L.K. Ludwig's Big Time Book class. This journal will be a challenge for me to work in because all of the pages have been painted with acrylic paint, which is different from the watercolor paint I'm used to working with. Here's the cover, where I titled it Visual Gossip #10 (I name all of my journals Visual Gossip) using rubber stamps and StazOn ink (which worked pretty well, but the stamps were slipping a bit on the slick surface).



Here is the side of the book. As you can see I have lots of pages to work on. This binding is supposed to allow the pages to lie flat while I work on them. The binding is left loose to accommodate additions, a problem I have encountered with some of my other journals where they wouldn't close after I worked on the pages. We'll see how this goes.


This is my first journal page. I can report that I am indeed having problems using my markers - black Sharpies that are supposed to mark on anything but seem to dull out after a few minutes on the acrylic paint surface. If anyone would like to offer some tips or helpful hints I'm in need!

No comments:

Post a Comment