Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Work in Progress

June was a crazy month for me at work, so it is taking a while with art journaling. Here's what I've been working on.



I did a two page spread in my art journal, starting with Dylusions Ink Sprays in Lemon Zest, Squeezed Orange, and Postbox Red. I used a paper towel to spread the ink spray around to create the blended colors. Then I used a magic market to write inspirational mantras and sayings crossed both pages.From there I sprayed with Tsukineko Walnut Ink. Then I used a Heidi Swap spray stencil (dots) and stenciled with Craft Smart Acrylic Paint in White.




This is page two of the spread. I have already begun collaging with images clipped from magazines, using the images as my 'paint' finding the colors I wanted to make the face, hair, and leaves. The eyes were from separate sources (obviously) the left from Dover clip art and the right from a magazine ad.

I will continue with this image by adding pinworm soon.

The top page will get another collaged image. I have some ideas for what that will be. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment