Sunday, October 23, 2011

Journalfest-making trades

Just a few days left until my cross country trip to Seattle, Washington and on to Journalfest! I spent yesterday finishing up on my other trade item: positive voodoo dolls, since this year's Journalfest is right around Halloween. I first made these dolls for Art Countinuum in 2003, and made them for an Artfest a few years later. In the past I have had a bit of trouble getting the right ink to make the stamp on fabric that can take the wear and tear of sewing the dolls together. This time I used StazOn black ink, and it worked very well. My finger nails are black from turning the dolls inside out after sewing and prior to stuffing, but I am pretty happy with the way they turned out.



My Artist Voodoo Dali version is a positive doll. I like to think of it as a remote acupuncture to stimulate your artistic energies to be more creative, playful, inspired, etc. Made with love and positive thoughts, I hope they are met with joy and laughter when I give them away at Journalfest!

2 comments:

  1. These are fabulous! I would love to trade, I am making small blank books with nice Stonehenge paper...(hint, hint)

    ReplyDelete