Sunday, July 24, 2011

Creative Boosts #2- Watch a Movie

I've been working on compiling a list of visually stunning movies that inspire me to be creative. Sometimes I just want to experience a different time period, a different world, or take a peek into the life of an artist I admire- kind of look over their shoulder and see how their art meshed with their life. Sometimes I want to submerge into a fantasy world completely separate from the day to day world I inhabit now. I'm up to 30 movies, but I am going to list my not necessarily top 10 here. What movies inspire you to be creative or to view the world with a different set of eyes? What movies do you like to watch to recharge your creative batteries?

1. Amelie
2. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
3. The Beatles Yellow Submarine
4. Frida
5. Moulin Rouge
6. Alice in Wonderland
7. Hellboy II: The Golden Army
8. Marie Antoinette
9. The Addams Family
10. Across the Universe


Obviously, I enjoy fantasy films, and in general anything by Tim Burton. These movies are a visual treat that gets my mind moving in a creative direction. A good way to transition between the day to day grind and a more contemplative world where anything is possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment