Wednesday, November 11, 2009


I had this image floating around in my head so it became the journal page of the day. Took most of the day to do it (layers of paint that had to dry.) There are many members of my extended family who have served our country during times of war and in times of peace, and I am grateful to all service men and woman for their commitment and sacrifice on and off the battlefield. In doing this page I had to look up the information on wikipedia. We have been involved in a lot of military actions. Too many to list on my small art journal page. Many I was not aware of, some only vaguely aware of. They didn't teach me about this in school, and I wonder how much they teach today. I hold in my heart that we will reach an age of peace and go to war no more.

No comments:

Post a Comment