Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Windows in Paris

I will confess, I'm not much of a picture taker. I usually leave that up to my husband and daughter. I don't have a fancy camera. When I remember to bring a camera with me on vacation, it usually stays in my bag. I am usually too caught up in the experience to think to take a picture of it. I also don't tend to look through photographs remembering vacations past. With digital photos I have found a new reason to take photos- for textures or objects/images I may want to use in my artwork. I am now dependent on my iPhone to take these photos. I rely mostly on the camera app that comes with the phone, but I have downloaded the Hipstomatic (because I like the look of old photos) and the Pocketbooth Apps (I am a photobooth junkie and you don't find them out there too much anymore.) So with that said, it takes a lot for me to reach into my pocket to pull out the iPhone and use the camera to take a photo of something, despite my husband stopping every few minutes to take a photo of something (and if he is taking a photo of something I can use later, so much the better, since he has a better camera than I do most times!) Here are some of the shop windows that made me stop and take a photo while I was in Paris. Hope you enjoy them as much as I did. I won't be surprised if these things become an influence in future art projects I end up working on.

No comments:

Post a Comment