Friday, August 19, 2011

Creative Boosts #5- When in doubt draw yourself


Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
Oscar Wilde

Stuck for inspiration? Want to make your art more personal or introspective? Try starting with your own image! No worry about copyright restrictions - at least as long as your take your own photo, or make the artwork yourself. No modeling fees. You just have to be brave - after all it is the most personal thing we can feature in our art- ourselves.

The above collage was made out of prints I made in an Artfest class I took several years ago with Dorit Elisha. The printing plate was made out of cardboard and we inked it with water soluble printing inks (if I remember correctly.) I took several of the prints and cut them up and used pieces to make this page. Here are some other samples of things I've made using me:















No comments:

Post a Comment