Thursday, November 5, 2009

Scribble Designs vs. 'Zentangles'


Day 5 of the challenge and I've switched over to my mini journal for this one. I've seen examples of Zentangles on the Internet after a teacher at Journalfest introduced our class to the term. I immediately recognized them as something I've been doing since I was in first grade (a long time ago my friends!) They were called scribble designs and involved a box of crayons and a piece of blank paper. You took out the black crayon and scribbled all over the paper in big loops until you came back to your starting point. Then you had to color in all the spaces with different colors making sure no two spaces had the same color next to them. An easy feat if you had the big box of Crayola 64 (which I'm not sure they offered then, but I know I collected a lot of different colored crayons to do those scribble designs with). I've been doing these off and on for years. Some in black and white (see today's journal page above) some in color (check out my ATC page on my website: www.dianneforrest.com
Try it. It's fun, relaxing, and a challenge to come up with a different pattern to fill in all the spaces. And I do have that highly coveted box of 64 Crayolas. Maybe I'll break them out and use them on a journal page this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment